This was an interesting alternative 'fanzine' in that it showcased the concert photos taken by its editor Neil Anderson, instead of carrying the usual fanzine fare of interviews, articles and reviews.
This fourth issue, released in February 1980 featured 8 photos of the Subs, 7 of which were taken at the Subs' Music Machine gig on 26 January 1980, with the odd-photo-out being a great picture of Paul Slack, again taken at the Music Machine, but from 'January 1979'. Elesewhere in this issue, there were pictures from gigs by the Bodysnatchers in 1979 and 1980, Dolly Mixture in 1980 and Spizz Energi from November 1979, although the front cover carried their new monicker of 'Athletico Spizz 80'.
Apart from the intro page, the only writing featured in 'The Poser' is Neil's article on his art, entitled 'Taking Pictures at Concerts - Buying a camera.'
Number Four features 8 UK Subs gig photos, taken from 2 shows at the Music Machine, London.
CLICK ON THE BELOW SCANNED PAGES TO ENLARGE
- Above: The Poser - Issue Four front cover
- Above: The Poser - Issue Four - Page 1 - content and Intro
- Above: Page 9 - Charlie Harper in action at the Music Machine 26 January 1980
- Above: Page 10 - Nicky Garratt in action at the Music Machine 26 January 1980
- Above: Page 11 - Paul Slack in action at the Music Machine January 1979
- Above: Page 12 - Nicky Garratt in action (x3) at the Music Machine 26 January 1980
- Above: Page 13 - Charlie Harper in action at the Music Machine 26 January 1980
Above: Page 14 - Slack, Harper & Garratt at the Music Machine 26 January 1980