U.K. Subs play the Lyceum in London, England
Charlie Harper - vocals
Nicky Garratt - guitar
Paul Slack - bass
Pete Davies - drums
EIGHTEENTH DATE OF THE ‘STRANGLEHOLD' UK TOUR
The Subs were filmed playing live at the Lyceum, and the footage from this gig was subsequently featured in a documentary about the band called ‘Punk Can Take It’.
Julien Temple wrote and directed Punk Can Take It, and it eventually gained a long awaited commercial release in 2003.
The free 12" ‘For Export Only’, that came with initial copies of Crash Course was also recorded at The Lyceum theatre on this particular date.
Please contact us if you can provide this website with any of the following:
- Your personal review of the show
- Photos from this gig
- A scan of the poster for this gig
- A scan of the ticket for this gig
- This gig's set list
- Any newspaper/fanzine preview or review
Click on images to enlarge
- Above: Gig listing, from the Pete Davies Archive
Click to enlarge
- Above: Gig review, unknown origin.
- Above: News story, unknown origin.
From the Pete Davies Archive.
- Above: Music press advert from New Musical Express, unknown date
Above: Music press advert from Melody Maker, 23 June 1979
If you have any other information to add to the above entry then please contact us:
Full credit will be given to you for your contribution to our U.K. Subs chronology.